You can use “Big Data” to send relevant and targeted communications to your customers based on their online and offline activity. This data can help you create a relevant communications plan tailored to each consumer and where they are in their individual purchase journey.
Here is an example purchase path following behavioral and multi-channel targeting:
• Joe and Suzie Smith bought a vehicle last year.
• It has been four months since their last oil change, and their last inspection showed that break service is needed.
• They receive an email service reminder.
• After their inspection, their click activity on additional campaigns shows an interest in New Inventory.
• Next month, they receive a campaign for active Shoppers.
• The following month, they receive another campaign and open a new vehicle video.
• From the video, they click to prompt a live chat conversation from their phone to verify availability of the model they are interested in.
• They receive further information on their vehicle of interest, and later schedule an appointment with a salesperson.
• A few days later, they purchase a new vehicle.
• They receive a welcome message which continues the consumer journey, eventually reminding them of their first upcoming service appointment.
• The lifecycle continues, as long as Joe and Suzie continue to be engaged.